MongooseIM platform overview
- Home: https://github.com/esl/MongooseIM
- Product page: https://www.erlang-solutions.com/products/mongooseim.html
- Documentation: https://esl.github.io/MongooseDocs/
Get to know MongooseIM
MongooseIM is a robust, scalable and efficient XMPP server at the core of an Instant Messaging platform aimed at large installations.
Designed for enterprise, it is fault-tolerant, can utilise the resources of multiple clustered machines, and easily scales for more capacity by simply adding a box or a VM.
MongooseIM can accept client sessions over vanilla XMPP, GraphQL API, REST API and SSE, as well as Websockets and BOSH (HTTP long-polling).
As a platform, MongooseIM includes several server-side (backend) and client-side (frontend) components. We provide a test suite, metrics, a load testing platform, and a monitoring server. We recommend third-party, open source client libraries for XMPP, GraphQL API and REST API.
MongooseIM is brought to you by Erlang Solutions.
MongooseIM platform components
We offer a set of additional server-side components:
- WombatOAM is a powerful monitoring platform that comes with a dedicated MongooseIM plugin
- mongoose_metrics is a internal module that provides various metrics about the server, if you use WombatOAM with MongooseIM plugin then you will see them otherwise you can use e.g. InfluxDB and Grafana to store and visualize them
- Test suite is written with the help of these useful tools:
- MongooseICE: is a STUN and TURN server written for traversing NATs and relaying streams
- MongoosePush: is a flexible push notification server with APNS and FCM support
- XMPP client libraries - we recommend the following client libraries:
- iOS, Objective-C: XMPPFramework
- Android, Java: Smack
- REST API client libraries - we recommend the following client libraries:
For a quick start just download:
- The pre-built packages that suit your platform (Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS)
- The Docker image (source code repository)
- The Helm chart (source code repository)
See the installation guide for more details.
Check out our test results:
- CI testing:
- Code coverage:
See the documentation for the latest releases:
Suggestions, questions, thoughts? Contact us directly:
- Raise a GitHub issue
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow our Twitter account