- Home: https://github.com/esl/MongooseIM
- Product page: https://www.erlang-solutions.com/products/mongooseim.html
- Documentation: https://esl.github.io/MongooseDocs/
Get to know MongooseIM
MongooseIM is a robust and efficient chat (or instant messaging) platform aimed at large installations.
Designed for enterprise, it is fault-tolerant, can utilise the resources of multiple clustered machines, and easily scales for more capacity by simply adding a box or VM.
MongooseIM can accept client sessions over vanilla XMPP, REST API and SSE, as well as Websockets, and BOSH (HTTP long-polling).
As a platform, MongooseIM includes several server-side (backend) and client-side (frontend) components. We provide a test suite, metrics, a load testing platform, and a monitoring server. We recommend third-party, open source client libraries for XMPP and REST API.
MongooseIM is brought to you by Erlang Solutions.
MongooseIM platform components
We offer a set of server-side components:
- WombatOAM is a powerful monitoring platform that comes with a dedicated MongooseIM plugin
- Test suite - here are some useful tools to test and validate your XMPP servers:
- MongooseICE: is a STUN and TURN server written for traversing NATs and relaying streams
- MongoosePush: is a flexible push notification server with APNS and FCM support
- XMPP client libraries - we recommend the following client libraries:
- REST API client libraries - we recommend the following client libraries:
For a quick start just download:
- The pre-built packages that suit your platform (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, and macOS)
- The Docker image (source code repository)
Check out our test results:
- CI testing:
- Code coverage:
See the documentation for the latest releases:
When developing new features/modules, please make sure you add basic documentation to the
doc/ directory, and add a link to your document in
Suggestions, questions, thoughts? Contact us directly: